Many riders have found the Alexander Technique helpful in developing their riding skills. Sally Swift, the developer of Centered Riding, placed a great deal of emphasis on the Technique in her program.
Articles about the Alexander Technique and Riding:
- The Posture does the Riding
- Riding with your Eyes Closed
- How do I Become Fully Absorbed with the Horse and Dressage?
- The Alexander Technique: How it Helps Horseback Rider
- The Alexander Technique as a Path to Harmony Between Horse and Rider
- Improve your Ride with the Alexander Technique – Part 1
- Improve your Ride with the Alexander Technique – Part 2
- A Conversation with Sally Swift – Sally was the developer of Centered Riding
- Every Little Thing She Does: Applying the Alexander Technique to working on your seat on the longe
- Dressage Links
- Horse Sense and Sensibility – Teaching horses; learning from horses